Feelings- As new and awesome that everything was I felt that Espana was about relationships for me. This was with both my wife and our host Lindsy. We spent just about as much time as possible together during our stay there. We ate, drank, went places stayed home, did nothing, talked about anything, stayed up late, shared the same room and slept, or not, then slept in as able.
We had a very interesting background and scenery but truly it was more emotional for me. Getting to know Lindsy better and enjoying her willingness to share all of her space, even her bed, well she slept on the other bed. She took care of us and even opened up and let us into her life. Then being able to spend time and experience Europe and Spain for the 1st time with Nita and just being with each other, worrying only about what to see next and where to eat. , Taking it easy and just having fun. Feeling closer and more connected. I felt both not ready to leave yet and satisfied enough to feel the trip was worth while even though we still had another week to go in Ireland.
As for me...well it felt, like I'm in my own world or dimension where I'm thouroghly enjoying all this that I wrote about but in the end it's still just me. I was feeling nostalgic about the whole experience even before it ended. It has been difficult getting over it or even fully grasping what it's all about but it's alright. The whole experience with Nita is still happening and I'm enjoying it a lot still but Espana, well something very familiar about it for me culturally or maybe it was that place was like a true link between us I guess. I'm thinking that the Oliver's aren't originally from Spain but they might've been in Spain for several generations before moving to Puerto Rico....just like the Barahonas. This is based on some stuff I read today.
So I'm having a great time here but a little something stayed back in Granada and I thought I would figure it out by blogging but I guess not, well not yet right?
Listening to: 2 bands, Huecco & Chambao, I don't have Huecco's music yet but Myspace is awesome for that sort of thing. This is Rock en Espanol from spain, introduced by Lindsy and awesome, with attitude, I'm still learning them. Chambao I have but it truly took life in my life while in Granada and it just feels right. modern yet very spanish, somewhat flamenco. It really feels like the experience to me and it makes me smile.



3 comments:
Yay Spain!
this is so good. I like spain as a connection, too. And the pictures. . .you win.
I like this particular blog. something happens when one explores old roots. and new roots that are born.
Post a Comment