Sunday, November 30, 2008

A new song

It´s been a while but I think it´s time to do the song writing thing and, well, write songs. I have several ideas as to where I want to go but I´m wanting to explore a little of that Spanish awesomeness (as in from Spain) and see where I end up. What´s not so awesome about it is that Flamenco-ish songs in English feel sort of...umm, weak. I guess it can be done, anything can be done but the soul of Flamenco speaks Spanish. It´s literally like the blues in Spanish or Chinese, it can be done but somehow it´d sound a bit off.

Here's 3 more Granada pics. I was going to move on to Some Irish pics but it seemed like the topic fit better with these. Alhambra window overlooking la ciudad antigua, some sweet graffiti in town and the awesomest flamenco show inside a cueva (cave) that has been turned into a restaurant. The place is owned by the artist who hire the cooks and they've been playing and performing there for generations.

Listening to: Chambao- Pokito a Poko..The style is called Nuevo Flamenco and it's very close to what I'm thinking about stylewise. I need to get my brain a bit more used to the style. I love their melancholy mood, still very lively and latin but a bit of a chill mood.

6 comments:

Lindsy said...

ole!

also, don't even think about writing flamenco in English.

amberdkb said...

yeah i have to side with lindsy... maybe write the song title in English (give us one good image) and then the song lyric is Spanish so we can feel the Spanish vibes too!!

your image of blues in chinese gets the point across completely... we don't want this kind of desecration. :)

Anonymous said...

yes, writing music, please.

twomsrafs said...

You took those photographs? more, please!

Joel said...

Well, I don't know about these other people, but I think you should do it. The blues in Chinese could be so cool, so I don't know why you can't do flamenco in English. C'mon, man, isn't the challenge what's it's all about?

Yaknow, unless you just don't think you're up to it. I mean, hey, it's okay to be weak. We all have our limits.

Meg said...

I love the grafiti pic. It's incredible. How's the flemenco-inspired song coming?