It amazes me how Ireland just builds upon it's own historic buildings. most of the historic buildings are still being used to official purposes. In one of the pics you can see and old chapel with a not so old building next to it and in the background a brand new building being built. The other pic is the Dublin Castle. The Record Tower was build in 1220s The Chapel Royal was built in 1760s and the rest of the building was finished 1960s. A bit crazy I thought. I chopped the pics a bit so you can see how it was built hopefully, well it makes sense to my brain.
Listening to: Iron Maiden, A Matter of Life and Death....they're huge in Ireland and I like them. Here's a band that has been able to make a very successful career without ever selling out in any way. That's no radio airplay or any kind and the only time their video was ever played on MTV (back when they actually played videos) was on a show that played from 12a to 3a on Sat. The only way their music has truly evolved is in the way that recordings and mixing styles has changed with the times.
See, here's the thing with "progressive rock" The style is known for the way it changes even within a song and...well progresses. So the style lends itself for a whole lot of exploration and evolution without ever sounding like they've departed from their actual root. Well the band members also do solo projects so they can explore further into other styles.

3 comments:
let's get a Pint! :o)
Dahveed,
Thanks for the pics and.. the comments on "selling out".. never thought of it that way ..
I think more than three people read your posts..
I like how you spliced the pic. There's a jail tower in Derry that's just sort of sitting on the edge of town. I think it's part of a watch tower thing now.
not sure
Post a Comment