Wednesday, February 4, 2009

SNL

ARG!! just saw Jason Mraz on SNL tonight. The guy is actually more amazing live than he is on CDs. I started by being mad that I missed him when he came to play in C-ville back in Oct, (yes, we're that cool) and then I was just mad that he was so good. He had an awesome band, played the classical guitar as needed and was vocally flawless, He even added some guts to the singing that is not in the original recording...
I thinks he's a pretty good singer and an excellent songwriter. One of the very, very few artists that has blown me away overall in the last bunch of years, @ least he's just alright with the guitar.

Listening to :Steve martin (still SNL) I think he might've played the second song instead of Mraz. it was funny but...really? WTF?..ok I was wrong. Jason played lucky, pretty awesome 2 songs. I've never taken the time to youtube this guy, why??


3 comments:

Unknown said...

haha, man crush. hahaha. ;o)

he is a great singer/songwriter - but um, we were in Europe when he came, so there's not much you could've done about it....except not go to Europe...
Don't worry we'll catch him next time.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of how it felt to see James Dean Erikson's work. It almost made me angry how good he was. I was like..."I want your art ability!!"

Carrie Yoder said...

oh p.s. that last comment was from me (carrie) i am still trying to figure out how to comment without needing an account