Hmmm
I'm listening to an awesome playlist of the music Ive been listening to lately. You know, The stuff that speaks to my soul these days. I'm reminded of how much of a music fan i am. So much so that i write my own, i guess. But as I'm listening to this i got to thinking about how good all these artists do with their songs in terms of reaching my soul, making me feel, and i start to wonder.
Why should i insist in writing my own stuff to try to express my feelings if these artists do such a good job @ it? Sure, original songs would be my own words and feelings and creative blah blah blah. Thing is that at the end of the day I realize that I might as well only write songs for myself to hear or enjoy because, truly, no one else gets into them anyway, it doesn't speak to anyone else but me. Yes people hear them and some of these songs are upbeat and fun to hear them live but no one gets into the songs. Not like i mean. I have been known to be cryptic in my writing , layerssss oooooo so deep. I dig that crap in songs I listen to as well although i don't always write like that, but who'd ever figure that out right?
People bullshit about it but in the end my songs are bleeding from my soul and no one else bleeds with me or even gets it or rather, the songs don't speak to anyone else but me. And that's fine if that's what they are supposed to do but then again if all these other artists do just as well in speaking to my soul then its all the same. in the end, all this original song crap has never been about how it touched others but rather about how great it is that I'm doing something i care about, not about the music. How fun. in the end i care the same about a song i wrote than one i just like and identify myself with that anyone else wrote. In the end, it seems people only care about it because i care about it and i took the time to write it but not because the song itself speaks to them at all and that's all bullshit. Its bullshit boys and girls.
oh yes, people likes hopeful endings so here you go: ...but I know that soon we'll all be sooo happy and all creating and writing and singing together all the beautiful songs of the soul :-)
Listening to: it doesn't really matter does it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ah brotha, I feel your pain...really, it doesn't matter. It really doesn't need to does it? I don't think so. I know no one will get my music but it's ok. For me it's about my story, my healing, my breath put into something I can offer. That is why at times I have to write, that or jump off a cliff of mediocrity. Just rambling, sorry..
Wow! I never knew you felt that way. My family has always loved your music. I do know how you feel, though, and often feel that way myself, although I am compelled to express myself regardless who likes it, but I would prefer if more people would "get" it. But like I was just telling you at the DSC - "Come Dream Again" is one of my favorite songs. Hang in there and keep producing music - even if it would be just for me...
Interesting. I've never been good at expressing myself verbally, so when I play, it's the music itself that's me "bleeding from my soul." If you can express yourself through lyrics, that's an incredible gift, even if you're the only one who "gets" it.
"I have so much things to say right now, I have so much things to say..."
I feel a little bit sadder, having read this. I'd like to think that your music speaks to people a lot more than you'll ever know. My 2 cents...
Post a Comment